Friday, May 30, 2008

Dr. Jane Goodall provides some food for thought...

Dr. Jane Goodall is probably the most well-known and respected primate research expert in the world. This week, she has been campaigning for the elimination of animal testing in the European Union. This has made me more conscious of the fact that some of the household products I use may be manufactured by companies that test on animals. I have started doing some research, and I will be making some changes. I was relieved to find that some cosmetic companies that I favor (and can afford) do not test on animals. I guess this is an issue I have been aware of but have kind of pushed to the back of my mind. Even if Dr. Goodall is unsuccessful in her mission in the EU, I think she is accomplishing a great deal in drawing more attention to this issue and raising awareness of it.

No comments: